Falls among senior citizens are so high that research indicated that every 11 seconds, a senior citizen is sent to the hospital due to injuries caused by a fall. Falls in senior citizens over the age of 65 are the number one cause of hip fractures, broken bones, and even traumatic brain injuries.
With the proper preventative measures, your risk of suffering an injury caused by a fall is dramatically reduced. Williams Brothers Pharmacy has come up with the following tips to dramatically reduce your risk of injury caused by falls at home.
1) Modify your home, room by room – Williams Brothers Pharmacy offers a variety of home solutions and daily living aids to prevent senior citizen falls while gaining independence in the home.
- Add grab bars in every room of your home for assistance when shifting between the sitting and standing position
- If you have steps in your home, invest in a high-quality stair lift to avoid falls on steps
- Invest in walk-in tubs or showers along with hand-held shower heads and benches
- Install ramps both inside and outside for easy access
2) Invest in daily living aids – Maintain your independence while making life easier with the wide selection of daily living aids available at Williams Brothers Pharmacy.
- Adjustable bed canes and bed rails
- Lift chairs to help you stand up and sit down with ease
- Grip tools for hard-to-reach items
- Sock and clothing aids for daily dressing
- Security poles with curved bars that reach from floor to ceiling
3) Eliminate potential fall factors in the bathroom – It has been estimated that one in three adults over the age of 65 will suffer from injuries caused by fall factors in the bathroom this year. Williams Brothers Pharmacy offers incredible products along with expert advice in the prevention of falls in the bathroom.
- Non-slip bath mats
- Transfer benches
- Dual tub grips
- Toilet safety frames and raised toilet seats
- Safeway Step bathroom conversions
4) Take the guesswork out of taking your medications – The custom compliance packaging service offered at Williams Brothers Pharmacy makes it easy to remember which medications you need to take and at what time. Combining the wrong prescriptions can increase your risk of dizziness and falls, resulting in a potential trip to the hospital.
Williams Brothers Pharmacy is committed to your safety and your health. To learn more about all of the fall prevention and prescription services that Williams Brothers Pharmacy has to offer, call to speak to one of our experts or stop in and visit us today.