We know the decision to obtain a mobility scooter is not easy. That’s why Williams Bros. Health Care Pharmacy is here to help you with tips and tricks to find your ideal mobility scooter. Use these three guidelines for your next mobility scooter search:
- Your home will determine the type of mobility scooter you need.
There’s nothing more frustrating than not being able to turn your mobility scooter around. That’s why it’s important to know what the turning radius is before you obtain a mobility scooter. Each model and brand has their own standard—however, here are some typical rules of thumb:
- Wide: Mobility scooters designated as having a “wide radius” will turn 60 inches or more. If you have an open floor plan, or intend to use your mobility scooter outside, this is a great option for you.
- Regular: This usually indicates a turning radius of 41 to 60 inches. It will work well in most homes as well as malls, grocery stores and big box stores.
- Tight: A tight turning radius usually indicates a range of 40 inches or less. This is great for the compact homes or if you want to maneuver in businesses with smaller aisles.
- Mobility scooters may be more affordable than you think.
Mobility scooters can cost anywhere between $400 and $4,000. They also can be covered by private insurance or Medicare. Ask your provider ahead of time if you qualify for a power-operated vehicle.
- Focus on the positive
It’s really easy to get overwhelmed as you shop around for a mobility scooter. However, what many of our customers have found is that once they start using one, any hesitation they may have had is lost. The device is incredibly beneficial that and it made the community much more accessible for them!
These are just a few things to keep in mind when shopping for a mobility scooter. We’ve been in the business of connecting people with mobility solutions since 1899. Our experts can help you find the ideal mobility scooter. Give us a call, and check our selection of options in our online catalog.